Much of the land around Cedar Park today was once part of the Cluck Ranch. The community was renamed "Brueggerhoff" after a railroad official, then in 1887, it became "Cedar Park." By then, the Austin and Northwestern railroad ran through Cedar Park. Emmett Cluck had a store built on the east side of the railroad, and built his home near the store. When the Cluck Family sold some land that was next to Emmett's home to the railroad, they stipulated that a portion of it be made into a park. The park was situated along the railroad tracks at what is now Brushy Creek Road. With its park, the bustling community also had a school/church, post office/store, railroad foreman's house, and railroad depot. It became a popular weekend travel destination for those residing in Austin that wanted to visit "the country."