1940s - 1950s
Faubion Grocery was built on old Highway 183 (now Bell Blvd.). It became the second post office/grocery and served as the primary post office until 1979. In 1943, the State Dairy and Hog Farm was created.
In 1959, the Soil Conservation Service (SCS) [now known as the Natural Resources Conservation Services (NRCS)] constructed Upper Brushy Creek Water Control and Improvement District Dam 6. It is located in what is now Lakeline Park.