The temperature has dropped and there’s a chill in the air. When things get a bit cold outside, it’s nice to indulge in warm, comforting meals. From hot food to hot drinks, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite dining options in Cedar Park that will get you comfy-cozy.
We encourage you to stay informed of the latest travel advisories before visiting and know what to expect so you can have a fun and healthy trip. Locations featured in this article are subject to state and local government guidelines for helping the community stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information on local guidelines, please go to our COVID-19 page
feel good food
- For down-home style Cajun cooking, get your fix at Mouton’s Bistro. They’re serving up classic dishes like shrimp & grits, smoked meatloaf, gumbo and chicken fried steak. So good!
- Turn the heat all the way-up at Tumble 22 Hot Chicken. Offering Nashville Hot fried with different spice levels from wimpy to clukcin’ hot!
- Vietnamese Pho (pronounced “fuh”) is a winter staple and PhoNatic has all types of pho – from chicken, brisket, seafood to vegetarian. A big bowl of pho on a chilly day is just what you need.
- If you are looking for a rich, creamy bowl of broth filled with delectable ingredients, then Eurasia Ramen is the place to go. Their authentic Japanese ramen stands out from the crowd.
- Texas Monthly called Stiles Switch BBQ one of the 50 best BBQ places in Texas and we know why, their smoked meats are so flavorful and their daily specials, like brisket enchiladas, are the ultimate Texas comfort food.
- We can’t get enough of Noodle Alley. Their fresh, hand-pulled noodles in broth are so delicious and a little bit addicting! Their wontons in a spicy chili broth really bring the heat.
- Carbs seem to be the ultimate comfort food and Salerno Cucina Italiana is serving them up in a classic Italian way. Their Gnocchi Carbonara with bacon, parmesan, cream sauce and egg is rich, filling and flavorful.
- Let Santa Catarina’s queso fundido give you some heat on a cold day. Their ooey-gooey melted cheese is mixed with roasted jalapenos, tomatoes and onions served on a hot skillet- all of this served with warm tortillas. Queso = Love
Hot Drinks for cold Days
- Delysia Chocolatier is serving cozy up in a cup with their drinking chocolate. The chocolate is so rich and smooth, that it’s almost like drinking a melted chocolate bar. Delysia offers curbside pickup or they can ship their delicious confections nationwide.
- For a caffeine boost, go to Red Horn Coffee House & Brewing Co. They serve up the best mocha in town – with the perfect chocolate to espresso ratio. Their other seasonal coffees are so comforting on a cold day. They also have house brewed craft beer on tap if you’re not in the mood for a caffeine boost.
- Another coffee house worth mentioning is Black Sugar Caffe, serving seasonal favorites like the Pumpkin Brulee Latte, Horchata Cold Brew, and The Wicked – a latte with espresso, cayenne pepper & mocha. Sugar, spice and everything nice!
sip & savor
- Bent Oak Winery is the perfect place to get cozy. Their tasting room is warm and inviting and the staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Sample wines from the Texas High Plains as well as some favorite varietals from Sonoma County California. Reservations are required to ensure proper social distancing. Bent Oak is also offering curbside pickup and wine tastings to-go.
- Warm up at Whitestone Brewery with their Melted Snowman seasonal ale. This beer will get you into the holiday spirit with its hints of cinnamon, nutmeg and caramel. You can sip this in their taproom or order to-go.
Check out our DINE page for more comfort food ideas!
Planning a road trip or a winter getaway? Stay in Cedar Park and travel confidently knowing that our hotels are dedicated to your health and safety.